Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Bonneville Salt Flat
This weekend 42 US riders will meet, greet, tell tales and enjoy a well-earned rest in Los Angeles, CA. As part of the 42-Below Vodka bike summer to build a buzz amongst vodka-drinking cyclists (and why not?), the 21 riders of the southern route and the 21 riders who took the northern passage will become 42. And so ends their ride across the United States.
42-Below has been filming the summer journey and will be releasing a film as part of next year's Bicycle Film Festival, but since Rapha helped by sorting out the riders with Stowaway Jackets so they were ready for the elements, a few of the riders have been sharing the more entertaining bits along the way.
We first met Chris at our White's Ferry Gentlemen's Ride in Washington D.C. earlier this summer, just a couple of weeks before he got the call from 42-Below group to head west. Chris sent this in of he and Kennedy riding across Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats, a natural wonder so flat, so dazzling that it's a favorite location for filming car commercials and has been the site of hundreds of land-speed records.
Interestingly enough, the salt flats' potential for racing was first recognized in 1896 by W.D. Rishel who was scouting a bicycle race course from New York to San Francisco. I'm sure that W.D. and now Chris and Kennedy realize the flats' potential for eroding frames, cables, brake pads, rims and anything else that comes in contact with the salt floor.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC