[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Blue Jeans: Centraal Museum
The Centraal Museum in Utrecht in the Netherlands is currently hosting a comprehensive exhibition of denim and its impact on the world. Displaying examples of blue jeans as fashion, art, craftsmanship, technology and more, it looks at more than 350 years of this most simple but culturally important textile. As the blue jeans catalogue testifies:
“An iconic street symbol that can be found in almost every wardrobe: the blue jeans. Worn for more than 150 years, the fabric holds an even more longstanding tradition. Still it has repeatedly proven to be modern and innovative.”
One of the many exhibits just happens to be a pair of Rapha Jeans, representing the more modern and functional aspect of blue jeans design. The exhibition also includes a pair of 19th-century Levi’s used by miners, as well as designs by Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent.
There are various other elements to the show, including a ‘blue jeans workshop’, a study of jeans in international subcultures and how jeans have simultaneously expressed both uniformity and individuality. With essays, photos, art installations and even a denim dictionary provided, if you happen to be in this part of the world, it’s definitely worth a visit.
Blue Jeans continues until the 10th march 2013.
Location: Centraal Museum, Nicolaaskerkhof 10 3512 XC Utrecht
Contact: T +31 (0)30 236 2362 centraalmuseum.nl
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX