Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Blue Jeans: Centraal Museum
The Centraal Museum in Utrecht in the Netherlands is currently hosting a comprehensive exhibition of denim and its impact on the world. Displaying examples of blue jeans as fashion, art, craftsmanship, technology and more, it looks at more than 350 years of this most simple but culturally important textile. As the blue jeans catalogue testifies:
“An iconic street symbol that can be found in almost every wardrobe: the blue jeans. Worn for more than 150 years, the fabric holds an even more longstanding tradition. Still it has repeatedly proven to be modern and innovative.”
One of the many exhibits just happens to be a pair of Rapha Jeans, representing the more modern and functional aspect of blue jeans design. The exhibition also includes a pair of 19th-century Levi’s used by miners, as well as designs by Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent.
There are various other elements to the show, including a ‘blue jeans workshop’, a study of jeans in international subcultures and how jeans have simultaneously expressed both uniformity and individuality. With essays, photos, art installations and even a denim dictionary provided, if you happen to be in this part of the world, it’s definitely worth a visit.
Blue Jeans continues until the 10th march 2013.
Location: Centraal Museum, Nicolaaskerkhof 10 3512 XC Utrecht
Contact: T +31 (0)30 236 2362 centraalmuseum.nl
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC