We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
BIKESNOB NYC KNOWS EPIC
There is a line in The Godfather, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer", and we have to admit that Michael Corleone may have been on our minds as the date approached for the BikeSnob NYC to give a presentation at the Rapha Cycle Club. We contacted Mr. Snob, otherwise known as Eben Weiss, on the heels of the publication of his best-selling book. Knowing his penchant for humorously skewering Rapha (along with everyone else in cycling), we asked him to pontificate on the use of the term "epic" and what it has come to mean in the sport.
In typical Snob fashion, and in front of 100+ eager fans, Mr. Weiss delivered a slideshow that he termed "A Meh-exploration of Epic". No stone was left unturned as he roasted the Rapha Continental videos, Cycle Club employees, dentists with $15,000 bikes, and himself. After the presentation, Mr. Snob took a few questions and then turned to what he called "Rapha Price is Right". Flashing a few items on the big screen, he asked the audience to guess the prices without going over, in an effort to win a coveted BSNYC Seal of Disapproval t-shirt. We didn't know whether to be pleased or disappointed when most of the audience yelled out ridiculously high prices (often in Pounds Sterling. Touché.). But there were plenty of Rapha-knowledgeable fans who guessed spot on and went home with some BSNYC goodies.
Books were signed, and the evening stretched out as Mr. Snob mingled with his followers, shaking hands and making new friends. We're truly grateful to Eben for the event, and with something as unique, insightful and humorous as his blog, we hope he continues as Bike Snob for a long time to come.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…