Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
BIKESNOB NYC KNOWS EPIC
There is a line in The Godfather, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer", and we have to admit that Michael Corleone may have been on our minds as the date approached for the BikeSnob NYC to give a presentation at the Rapha Cycle Club. We contacted Mr. Snob, otherwise known as Eben Weiss, on the heels of the publication of his best-selling book. Knowing his penchant for humorously skewering Rapha (along with everyone else in cycling), we asked him to pontificate on the use of the term "epic" and what it has come to mean in the sport.
In typical Snob fashion, and in front of 100+ eager fans, Mr. Weiss delivered a slideshow that he termed "A Meh-exploration of Epic". No stone was left unturned as he roasted the Rapha Continental videos, Cycle Club employees, dentists with $15,000 bikes, and himself. After the presentation, Mr. Snob took a few questions and then turned to what he called "Rapha Price is Right". Flashing a few items on the big screen, he asked the audience to guess the prices without going over, in an effort to win a coveted BSNYC Seal of Disapproval t-shirt. We didn't know whether to be pleased or disappointed when most of the audience yelled out ridiculously high prices (often in Pounds Sterling. Touché.). But there were plenty of Rapha-knowledgeable fans who guessed spot on and went home with some BSNYC goodies.
Books were signed, and the evening stretched out as Mr. Snob mingled with his followers, shaking hands and making new friends. We're truly grateful to Eben for the event, and with something as unique, insightful and humorous as his blog, we hope he continues as Bike Snob for a long time to come.
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq