[ locale string ]
Best of British
World champions, Tour winners, crashes, lots of sheep and Ivan Basso eating cheddar cheese; just a few things you may have seen at the Tour of Britain this week. Rapha have also been there, following each stage in the world famous Rapha H-Van. The classic Citroën broom wagon has coughed and wheezed its way around the sceptered isle to meet with riders and fans, serve coffee and cake and help show support to Rapha Condor Sharp.
It’s Rapha Condor Sharp’s fifth appearance at the race and the 2012 edition has probably been the most anticipated since RCS team manager John Herety used to compete in the days when the ToB was called the Milk Race (‘Tour of Milk’ would have sounded strange). This year has seen Liquigas, Team Sky, Garmin-Sharp and Euskatel send strong contingents to compete on the roads of England, Scotland and Wales.
Rapha Condor Sharp rider Mr. Kristian House – former UK National Road Champion – has been ‘giving it the berries’ all week, getting in the breaks and picking up the King of the Mountains jersey along the way. He took the jersey on stage one, after working with three others in a long-range break. On stage two, U23 rider Rich Handley continued the aggressive action for Rapha Condor Sharp, emulating House in a six-man break which was reeled in by Team Sky with about 30km to go. Then, on stage three, House regained the K.O.M threads with another assertive ride in the breakaway. The break was caught by the bunch with 15km left to ride and the World Champion – Mark Cavendish – took the stage. House again rode brilliantly on stage four and defensively on stage five to retain the jersey going into today’s decisive stage in Wales. Kristian said:
"…we're not really battling for a GC spot [so] we can take opportunities in the breaks without really worrying about what's happening in the peloton. I actually see the KOM jersey as the Opportunistic jersey and always analysing the situation as it can change so quickly."
The Tour will conclude this weekend and by all accounts has been one of the best editions of the race yet. We wish Kristian and all of the team the very best of British.
Tour of Britain Ride 16th September
Join us on a ride from the London Cycle Club on Sunday 16th September to watch the finale of the Tour of Britain in Guildford. We will be leaving at 10:00 from the Club with a quick stop at Richmond Park circa 11:00 at the Star and Garter Gate for anyone wishing to meet there. From Richmond we will head to Staple Lane to catch the race passing through before we head to Guildford town centre for the finale. The distance will be around 60km and will require a geared bike/road bike.
The ride is unsupported so please ensure you have spare inner tubes and tools. Please also note that the ride ends in Guildford, if you wish to ride back please have a route planned. Public transport is easy to access from Guildford.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.