We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Beautiful Machines | A Century of Bikes
Rapha Cycle Club London is currently hosting an exhibition of 12 road machines from the last 110 years of cycle racing. From early 20th century fixed-wheel racers to the latest carbon technology, Beautiful Machines showcases the history and development of the racing bike through the last century and into the new millennium.
Highlights include: A BSA Path Racer from 1901, a 1938 Cimatta with the first Campagnolo gear system, A 1969 Reynolds 531 Peugeot Champion du Monde as ridden by Tom Simpson , a replica of Laurent Fignon's Raleigh Systeme-U, the Cannondale CAAD3 which Mario Cipollini crashed in the 1998 Tour, and Lance Armstrong's Trek from the mountain stages of the 2005 TdF.
Beautiful Machines runs until the end of July.
All Photos © Michael Conway
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0