[ locale string ]
Beautiful Machines | A Century of Bikes
Rapha Cycle Club London is currently hosting an exhibition of 12 road machines from the last 110 years of cycle racing. From early 20th century fixed-wheel racers to the latest carbon technology, Beautiful Machines showcases the history and development of the racing bike through the last century and into the new millennium.
Highlights include: A BSA Path Racer from 1901, a 1938 Cimatta with the first Campagnolo gear system, A 1969 Reynolds 531 Peugeot Champion du Monde as ridden by Tom Simpson , a replica of Laurent Fignon's Raleigh Systeme-U, the Cannondale CAAD3 which Mario Cipollini crashed in the 1998 Tour, and Lance Armstrong's Trek from the mountain stages of the 2005 TdF.
Beautiful Machines runs until the end of July.
All Photos © Michael Conway
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O