We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Beautiful Machines | A Century of Bikes
Rapha Cycle Club London is currently hosting an exhibition of 12 road machines from the last 110 years of cycle racing. From early 20th century fixed-wheel racers to the latest carbon technology, Beautiful Machines showcases the history and development of the racing bike through the last century and into the new millennium.
Highlights include: A BSA Path Racer from 1901, a 1938 Cimatta with the first Campagnolo gear system, A 1969 Reynolds 531 Peugeot Champion du Monde as ridden by Tom Simpson , a replica of Laurent Fignon's Raleigh Systeme-U, the Cannondale CAAD3 which Mario Cipollini crashed in the 1998 Tour, and Lance Armstrong's Trek from the mountain stages of the 2005 TdF.
Beautiful Machines runs until the end of July.
All Photos © Michael Conway
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3