We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Beautiful Machines | A Century of Bikes
Rapha Cycle Club London is currently hosting an exhibition of 12 road machines from the last 110 years of cycle racing. From early 20th century fixed-wheel racers to the latest carbon technology, Beautiful Machines showcases the history and development of the racing bike through the last century and into the new millennium.
Highlights include: A BSA Path Racer from 1901, a 1938 Cimatta with the first Campagnolo gear system, A 1969 Reynolds 531 Peugeot Champion du Monde as ridden by Tom Simpson , a replica of Laurent Fignon's Raleigh Systeme-U, the Cannondale CAAD3 which Mario Cipollini crashed in the 1998 Tour, and Lance Armstrong's Trek from the mountain stages of the 2005 TdF.
Beautiful Machines runs until the end of July.
All Photos © Michael Conway
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45