[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Bay 13 Sun Tour Party in Pictures
Photography by Wade Wallace
While the rest of the world cycling calendar is coming to a close things are just beginning to heat up here in Australia. To me, the Sun Tour (or as the riders call it, the Fun Tour) always marks the beginning of the Australian cycling season and summer in general.
Rapha wanted to bring a slice of Alp d'Huez to the Sun Tour's penultimate stage on Arthurs Seat. Even though there were times the weather threatened to blow the whole mountain down, hundreds of hardcore cycling fans still showed up and created an atmosphere like the Sun Tour has never seen before.
A relatively short climb of just over 3km at 8%, the race was smashed to peices on the third lap of the Arthurs and won by Katusha's Egor Silin in a exhillarating solo victory. Local riders are doing well to climb Alpe d'Arthurs in 10minutes, while it was exhillarating to see the pros in the low 8 minutes.
Thank you to everyone who came down and enjoyed the day with us. It was a massive success. The Sun Tour riders absolutely loved it and a few of them told us it felt like they were back racing the Tour de France. In case you missed it, here’s a glimpse of the shenanigans that went on…
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…