We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Bay 13 Sun Tour Party in Pictures
Photography by Wade Wallace
While the rest of the world cycling calendar is coming to a close things are just beginning to heat up here in Australia. To me, the Sun Tour (or as the riders call it, the Fun Tour) always marks the beginning of the Australian cycling season and summer in general.
Rapha wanted to bring a slice of Alp d'Huez to the Sun Tour's penultimate stage on Arthurs Seat. Even though there were times the weather threatened to blow the whole mountain down, hundreds of hardcore cycling fans still showed up and created an atmosphere like the Sun Tour has never seen before.
A relatively short climb of just over 3km at 8%, the race was smashed to peices on the third lap of the Arthurs and won by Katusha's Egor Silin in a exhillarating solo victory. Local riders are doing well to climb Alpe d'Arthurs in 10minutes, while it was exhillarating to see the pros in the low 8 minutes.
Thank you to everyone who came down and enjoyed the day with us. It was a massive success. The Sun Tour riders absolutely loved it and a few of them told us it felt like they were back racing the Tour de France. In case you missed it, here’s a glimpse of the shenanigans that went on…
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.