Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Bay 13 Sun Tour Party in Pictures
Photography by Wade Wallace
While the rest of the world cycling calendar is coming to a close things are just beginning to heat up here in Australia. To me, the Sun Tour (or as the riders call it, the Fun Tour) always marks the beginning of the Australian cycling season and summer in general.
Rapha wanted to bring a slice of Alp d'Huez to the Sun Tour's penultimate stage on Arthurs Seat. Even though there were times the weather threatened to blow the whole mountain down, hundreds of hardcore cycling fans still showed up and created an atmosphere like the Sun Tour has never seen before.
A relatively short climb of just over 3km at 8%, the race was smashed to peices on the third lap of the Arthurs and won by Katusha's Egor Silin in a exhillarating solo victory. Local riders are doing well to climb Alpe d'Arthurs in 10minutes, while it was exhillarating to see the pros in the low 8 minutes.
Thank you to everyone who came down and enjoyed the day with us. It was a massive success. The Sun Tour riders absolutely loved it and a few of them told us it felt like they were back racing the Tour de France. In case you missed it, here’s a glimpse of the shenanigans that went on…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq