[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Bay 13: Rapha at the Sun Tour
This Saturday October 15th Rapha Australia are holding one incredible party on Alp d'Arthurs (Arthurs Seat) to cheer on the riders of the Jayco Herald Sun Tour. If you’re in the Melbourne area (or even if you’re not) come along to enjoy the race and create an atmosphere here in our backyard that rivals anything you've ever seen in Europe.
This will be a massive spectacle, even more eruptive and rowdy than Dutch Corner. We will be situated at Franklin Point, or Bay 13 as we’re calling it, which sits a couple of kilometers up the road. It features an amazing view of Mornington Peninsula and is the steepest part of Arthurs Seat (16%). There will be food vendors, coffee, music, and a sea of pink so you cannot miss it. We’ll award everyone who wears something pink with a Rapha prize (until we run out). Bring your flags, noisemakers, BYOB (to keep hydrated of course) and whatever else you need to be seen and heard. This will be broadcast live on SBS2 and we don’t want it to look like the Tour of Beijing, do we?
When the riders attack, this is where they’ll be launching their fireworks, the place where the Sun Tour will be won or lost. This is the biggest Sun Tour we’ve ever seen with some of the best riders in the world competing, so don’t miss out on a great day of enjoying and celebrating pro bike racing in Australia.
I’ll be meeting a couple mates at Cafe Racer and riding out to Arthurs at 8:30am (Saturday, Oct 15). We’ll arrive on the hill just before 11:00am to see the Women come past. I welcome you to join us. It would be great to meet many of you face to face and this’ll give us a solid couple of hours riding together. Bring a warm jacket because it’s spring in Melbourne, you never know what’ll happen.
The women’s race begins from Sorrento at 10:30am and they’ll hit Alp d’Arthurs at about 11:30am (finishing at about 12pm).
The men’s race begins at 1pm and ends at approximately 5pm (doing 3 laps around Arthurs Seat and finishing at the summit) So head for 1:30pm to avoid missing any of the action.
NB - If you want to drive down to Arthurs Seat, the road up the hill will be closed but there are shuttle busses brining people up from the base. It’s not that far of a walk up either.
• Omega Pharma – Lotto
• Team Type 1
• United Healthcare
• Genesys Wealth Advisers
• PureBlack Racing
• Budget Forklifts
• Russian National Team
• Australian National Team
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC