Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Bay 13: Rapha at the Sun Tour
This Saturday October 15th Rapha Australia are holding one incredible party on Alp d'Arthurs (Arthurs Seat) to cheer on the riders of the Jayco Herald Sun Tour. If you’re in the Melbourne area (or even if you’re not) come along to enjoy the race and create an atmosphere here in our backyard that rivals anything you've ever seen in Europe.
This will be a massive spectacle, even more eruptive and rowdy than Dutch Corner. We will be situated at Franklin Point, or Bay 13 as we’re calling it, which sits a couple of kilometers up the road. It features an amazing view of Mornington Peninsula and is the steepest part of Arthurs Seat (16%). There will be food vendors, coffee, music, and a sea of pink so you cannot miss it. We’ll award everyone who wears something pink with a Rapha prize (until we run out). Bring your flags, noisemakers, BYOB (to keep hydrated of course) and whatever else you need to be seen and heard. This will be broadcast live on SBS2 and we don’t want it to look like the Tour of Beijing, do we?
When the riders attack, this is where they’ll be launching their fireworks, the place where the Sun Tour will be won or lost. This is the biggest Sun Tour we’ve ever seen with some of the best riders in the world competing, so don’t miss out on a great day of enjoying and celebrating pro bike racing in Australia.
I’ll be meeting a couple mates at Cafe Racer and riding out to Arthurs at 8:30am (Saturday, Oct 15). We’ll arrive on the hill just before 11:00am to see the Women come past. I welcome you to join us. It would be great to meet many of you face to face and this’ll give us a solid couple of hours riding together. Bring a warm jacket because it’s spring in Melbourne, you never know what’ll happen.
The women’s race begins from Sorrento at 10:30am and they’ll hit Alp d’Arthurs at about 11:30am (finishing at about 12pm).
The men’s race begins at 1pm and ends at approximately 5pm (doing 3 laps around Arthurs Seat and finishing at the summit) So head for 1:30pm to avoid missing any of the action.
NB - If you want to drive down to Arthurs Seat, the road up the hill will be closed but there are shuttle busses brining people up from the base. It’s not that far of a walk up either.
• Omega Pharma – Lotto
• Team Type 1
• United Healthcare
• Genesys Wealth Advisers
• PureBlack Racing
• Budget Forklifts
• Russian National Team
• Australian National Team
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX