We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Bay 13: Rapha at the Sun Tour
This Saturday October 15th Rapha Australia are holding one incredible party on Alp d'Arthurs (Arthurs Seat) to cheer on the riders of the Jayco Herald Sun Tour. If you’re in the Melbourne area (or even if you’re not) come along to enjoy the race and create an atmosphere here in our backyard that rivals anything you've ever seen in Europe.
This will be a massive spectacle, even more eruptive and rowdy than Dutch Corner. We will be situated at Franklin Point, or Bay 13 as we’re calling it, which sits a couple of kilometers up the road. It features an amazing view of Mornington Peninsula and is the steepest part of Arthurs Seat (16%). There will be food vendors, coffee, music, and a sea of pink so you cannot miss it. We’ll award everyone who wears something pink with a Rapha prize (until we run out). Bring your flags, noisemakers, BYOB (to keep hydrated of course) and whatever else you need to be seen and heard. This will be broadcast live on SBS2 and we don’t want it to look like the Tour of Beijing, do we?
When the riders attack, this is where they’ll be launching their fireworks, the place where the Sun Tour will be won or lost. This is the biggest Sun Tour we’ve ever seen with some of the best riders in the world competing, so don’t miss out on a great day of enjoying and celebrating pro bike racing in Australia.
I’ll be meeting a couple mates at Cafe Racer and riding out to Arthurs at 8:30am (Saturday, Oct 15). We’ll arrive on the hill just before 11:00am to see the Women come past. I welcome you to join us. It would be great to meet many of you face to face and this’ll give us a solid couple of hours riding together. Bring a warm jacket because it’s spring in Melbourne, you never know what’ll happen.
The women’s race begins from Sorrento at 10:30am and they’ll hit Alp d’Arthurs at about 11:30am (finishing at about 12pm).
The men’s race begins at 1pm and ends at approximately 5pm (doing 3 laps around Arthurs Seat and finishing at the summit) So head for 1:30pm to avoid missing any of the action.
NB - If you want to drive down to Arthurs Seat, the road up the hill will be closed but there are shuttle busses brining people up from the base. It’s not that far of a walk up either.
• Omega Pharma – Lotto
• Team Type 1
• United Healthcare
• Genesys Wealth Advisers
• PureBlack Racing
• Budget Forklifts
• Russian National Team
• Australian National Team
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling