We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Autumn Winter 2013 Preview
Ahead of the official Rapha Autumn Winter 2013 range launch in just over a fortnight, we preview what's to come with a glance at some of the new and refreshed products, and the photography that showcases them.
TRAINING & RACING
The shoot for the Autumn Winter 2013 Training and Racing collection saw Ben Ingham and a crew of six riders fly out to northern Norway. Easily the most adverse conditions experienced on a Rapha shoot; gale force winds, sleet, hail, rain, snow and ice gave our riders the best opportunity to fully test each and every product.
Fortunately, the kit being tested include a new comprehensive glove system, revamped Rain Jacket design, new Deep Winter accessories, key new visibility pieces and, of course, plenty of merino-based insulation. Hold tight for the full online showcase of these products coming very soon.
Using only two riders and photographer Jake Stangel, who has been photographing the US Continental for the last few years, the City shoot was taken in both Antwerp in Belgium and Berlin in Germany.
Equally interesting and diverse locations, our riders were free to explore each city’s limits via the forthcoming Rapha City Cycling Guides, a collection of pocket-size books published in conjunction with Thames & Hudson. Other highlights of the new offering will be a Hi-Vis Backpack, Touring Trousers, City Rain Jacket, and a continuation of Rapha's collaboration with Christopher Raeburn.
RIDES & EVENTS
There's lots of riding and racing to look forward to this season including Rapha Super Cross, Gentlemen’s Races and Women's rides. There's also plenty of other events and rides being hosted by our seven Cycle Clubs including the recently opened NYC store and another pop-up space on the island of Mallorca.
Autumn Winter 2013 Showcases in Japan
Rapha Japan are hosting two weekends of AW13 showcases in October in Tokyo and Osaka. These will feature previews of all the new products with the opportunity to try out sizing and ask questions about the designs on display.
Dates: 4 - 6 October
Opening hours: 4th 12:00 - 20:00, 5th 12:00 - 17:00, 6th 12:00 - 17:00
Place : Calm & Punk Gallery (where "Tokyo Cycle Club": was this summer)
Map » Adress: 1-15-15 Nishiazabu, Minato, Tokyo
Dates: 11 – 13 October
Opening hours: 11th 12:00 - 20:00, 12th 12:00 - 17:30, 13th 12:00 - 18:00
Place: Rapha Cycle Club Osaka
Map » Address: 2-6-21 Sonezakishinchi, Kita, Osaka
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX