We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Angel Fire, NM
Music: Radio Ballet-Eluvium
I finally figured out why. As I was just about to fall asleep I kept rapidly breathing and waking myself up; we're at 8500ft.
Today's ride: 115miles, undulating between 8500-9500ft resulting in 7800ft of climbing. Or in my case, 150+ miles racing around in the van.
Pine tree encrusted slopes crumbling into narrow valleys. Slowly running streams being fished for rainbow trout. Sandstone columns rise in stacks above the treetops towards open sky. Clear dry thin and cloudless.
The first climb starts four miles out of town and continues for close to seven. The shoulderless road zig zags up and down the mountains, in and out of the canyons.
We had the first crash of the trip two miles after the mid-way stop and water/snack break. The edge of the road had a soft spot filled with chipfill overflow. Cole ran across it and laid it down. He was still able to finish the ride but his left shin is pretty shredded.
A long run over hard-packed gravel roads and then the final rolling descent back into town. We end the day with showers, pizza, and the 10th stage of the Tour de France.
WORDS: Christopher Stanton | Driver, on loan from Mellow Johnny's
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb