We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Angel Fire, NM
Music: Radio Ballet-Eluvium
I finally figured out why. As I was just about to fall asleep I kept rapidly breathing and waking myself up; we're at 8500ft.
Today's ride: 115miles, undulating between 8500-9500ft resulting in 7800ft of climbing. Or in my case, 150+ miles racing around in the van.
Pine tree encrusted slopes crumbling into narrow valleys. Slowly running streams being fished for rainbow trout. Sandstone columns rise in stacks above the treetops towards open sky. Clear dry thin and cloudless.
The first climb starts four miles out of town and continues for close to seven. The shoulderless road zig zags up and down the mountains, in and out of the canyons.
We had the first crash of the trip two miles after the mid-way stop and water/snack break. The edge of the road had a soft spot filled with chipfill overflow. Cole ran across it and laid it down. He was still able to finish the ride but his left shin is pretty shredded.
A long run over hard-packed gravel roads and then the final rolling descent back into town. We end the day with showers, pizza, and the 10th stage of the Tour de France.
WORDS: Christopher Stanton | Driver, on loan from Mellow Johnny's
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…