We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Angel Fire, NM
Music: Radio Ballet-Eluvium
I finally figured out why. As I was just about to fall asleep I kept rapidly breathing and waking myself up; we're at 8500ft.
Today's ride: 115miles, undulating between 8500-9500ft resulting in 7800ft of climbing. Or in my case, 150+ miles racing around in the van.
Pine tree encrusted slopes crumbling into narrow valleys. Slowly running streams being fished for rainbow trout. Sandstone columns rise in stacks above the treetops towards open sky. Clear dry thin and cloudless.
The first climb starts four miles out of town and continues for close to seven. The shoulderless road zig zags up and down the mountains, in and out of the canyons.
We had the first crash of the trip two miles after the mid-way stop and water/snack break. The edge of the road had a soft spot filled with chipfill overflow. Cole ran across it and laid it down. He was still able to finish the ride but his left shin is pretty shredded.
A long run over hard-packed gravel roads and then the final rolling descent back into town. We end the day with showers, pizza, and the 10th stage of the Tour de France.
WORDS: Christopher Stanton | Driver, on loan from Mellow Johnny's
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries