[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A Visit with Monocle Magazine
Last week while touring the East Coast, Slate Olson and I stopped in to visit one of our favorite publications. Monocle magazine is one of those publications that I look forward to picking up each month. Every issue does a wonderful job of combining stylish layout with interesting content.
They are consistently offering their thoughts on what can and should be done in the current economic climate of not only the United States, but on a global scale as well. Especially when speaking in terms of fashion and buying. So, it was with great interest that we got to sit down with the heads of their North American operations — Ann Marie Gardner and Aisha Speirs.
Meeting with Ann Marie is everything that you would expect from a representative of one of the most fashionable and distinct publications on the market today. The first time that I met her was here in Portland at the ACE Hotel and the experience was something akin to witnessing a human tornado. To say that this woman is filled with energy would be an understatement because she is a whirlwind.
As it turns out, Ann Marie is already a fan of Rapha. She can be spotted here in her Classic Jersey and Armwarmers doing a ride in upstate New York. This is an interesting conversation for us however, because more and more we have been hearing that women have been buying Rapha clothing in the closest sized men's items that will fit them. We have been finding that the smaller men's sizes do quite well, but the end of March will see the launch of the Rapha Women's Collection.
We left her office with copies of the new issue to keep us company on the plane ride back to Portland. And if you get the chance pick one up and check out the article Open and Shut Case about the famous Pelican Case Company.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!