We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A Visit to Cielo
The Chris King headquarters here in Portland were kind enough to open their shop doors last week. Housed deep within the recesses of their workshop, frames and forks emblazoned with the Cielo name line the walls and hang overhead. The reason I was there you ask? Well, they fabricated a bicycle for our pal, Daisuke, over in Japan for his version of Rapha Rides called the Rapha Yonretto.
For the builders that are associated with the Rapha Continental (or Yonretto) we produce interviews with each. Take a look through them at Builders and Bikes on the Continental section of the site. The Cielo interview was great fun and sitting down for a couple of hours with the likes of Jay Sycip and Chris King himself is always a pleasurable experience. Too bad that I needed to keep them focussed on the subject at hand - Cielo - and not what they really wanted to talk about - all things food related.
Word on the street is that famed photographer, Brian Vernor, and his shooting partner, Benny Zenga, shot stills and video for the first few rides that the Yonretto did in Japan. Stay tuned, from what I hear the Yonretto pages should go live in a couple of weeks.
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc