We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A Visit to Cielo
The Chris King headquarters here in Portland were kind enough to open their shop doors last week. Housed deep within the recesses of their workshop, frames and forks emblazoned with the Cielo name line the walls and hang overhead. The reason I was there you ask? Well, they fabricated a bicycle for our pal, Daisuke, over in Japan for his version of Rapha Rides called the Rapha Yonretto.
For the builders that are associated with the Rapha Continental (or Yonretto) we produce interviews with each. Take a look through them at Builders and Bikes on the Continental section of the site. The Cielo interview was great fun and sitting down for a couple of hours with the likes of Jay Sycip and Chris King himself is always a pleasurable experience. Too bad that I needed to keep them focussed on the subject at hand - Cielo - and not what they really wanted to talk about - all things food related.
Word on the street is that famed photographer, Brian Vernor, and his shooting partner, Benny Zenga, shot stills and video for the first few rides that the Yonretto did in Japan. Stay tuned, from what I hear the Yonretto pages should go live in a couple of weeks.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!