We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A Visit to Cielo
The Chris King headquarters here in Portland were kind enough to open their shop doors last week. Housed deep within the recesses of their workshop, frames and forks emblazoned with the Cielo name line the walls and hang overhead. The reason I was there you ask? Well, they fabricated a bicycle for our pal, Daisuke, over in Japan for his version of Rapha Rides called the Rapha Yonretto.
For the builders that are associated with the Rapha Continental (or Yonretto) we produce interviews with each. Take a look through them at Builders and Bikes on the Continental section of the site. The Cielo interview was great fun and sitting down for a couple of hours with the likes of Jay Sycip and Chris King himself is always a pleasurable experience. Too bad that I needed to keep them focussed on the subject at hand - Cielo - and not what they really wanted to talk about - all things food related.
Word on the street is that famed photographer, Brian Vernor, and his shooting partner, Benny Zenga, shot stills and video for the first few rides that the Yonretto did in Japan. Stay tuned, from what I hear the Yonretto pages should go live in a couple of weeks.
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq