We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A Visit to Cielo
The Chris King headquarters here in Portland were kind enough to open their shop doors last week. Housed deep within the recesses of their workshop, frames and forks emblazoned with the Cielo name line the walls and hang overhead. The reason I was there you ask? Well, they fabricated a bicycle for our pal, Daisuke, over in Japan for his version of Rapha Rides called the Rapha Yonretto.
For the builders that are associated with the Rapha Continental (or Yonretto) we produce interviews with each. Take a look through them at Builders and Bikes on the Continental section of the site. The Cielo interview was great fun and sitting down for a couple of hours with the likes of Jay Sycip and Chris King himself is always a pleasurable experience. Too bad that I needed to keep them focussed on the subject at hand - Cielo - and not what they really wanted to talk about - all things food related.
Word on the street is that famed photographer, Brian Vernor, and his shooting partner, Benny Zenga, shot stills and video for the first few rides that the Yonretto did in Japan. Stay tuned, from what I hear the Yonretto pages should go live in a couple of weeks.
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX