We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A Visit to Cielo
The Chris King headquarters here in Portland were kind enough to open their shop doors last week. Housed deep within the recesses of their workshop, frames and forks emblazoned with the Cielo name line the walls and hang overhead. The reason I was there you ask? Well, they fabricated a bicycle for our pal, Daisuke, over in Japan for his version of Rapha Rides called the Rapha Yonretto.
For the builders that are associated with the Rapha Continental (or Yonretto) we produce interviews with each. Take a look through them at Builders and Bikes on the Continental section of the site. The Cielo interview was great fun and sitting down for a couple of hours with the likes of Jay Sycip and Chris King himself is always a pleasurable experience. Too bad that I needed to keep them focussed on the subject at hand - Cielo - and not what they really wanted to talk about - all things food related.
Word on the street is that famed photographer, Brian Vernor, and his shooting partner, Benny Zenga, shot stills and video for the first few rides that the Yonretto did in Japan. Stay tuned, from what I hear the Yonretto pages should go live in a couple of weeks.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC