[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A Sunday in Hell IV
Photos by Jonathan Hines
This weekend will be Rapha’s fourth annual pilgrimage into Hertfordshire for the Hell of the North IV. Like last year it features an additional 1,500m sector of gravé, the Trouée de Woodside, a home counties homage to Paris-Roubaix’s infamous Arenberg Trench and a new beauty, Gidner's Wood.
PLEASE NOTE: The finish is now at the Prince of Wales Pub, Barnet, EN4 8TB.
There will be a feed stop at the halfway point at Newgate St. with water, bananas and an expertly brewed espresso from one of our Cycle Club baristas. There will also be spare inner tubes and basic tools at sign-on, at the feed stop and also at the arrivée pub. We advise you to bring your own energy food, repair kits and also recommend 25mm tyres on wheels that can take a bit of punishment. Rapha signage will appear along the route, an outline of which appears below.
The two bail-out routes will be pointed out by marshalls on the day and there will also be secure bike parking at the Prince of Wales pub. Paris-Roubaix coverage starts at 12pm, with the last 20km taking place around 3pm. Hand in your route card for complimentary Belgian beer and frites. The Prince of Wales will also be serving lunch.
• The most punctures wins a Team Sky Essentials Case and a box of inner tubes.
• The rider who exudes the most panache wins a signed Team Sky jersey
• Best bike/ kit wins a Team Sky Rider's Diary
START | Pond Square, Highgate N6, 9am-10am.
END | Prince of Wales Pub, Barnet EN4 8TB, 1pm onwards.
21 – Rectory Farm (sharp right turn at farmhouse)
20 – The Paddocks/Chain Walk (Attention! Sharp turn + potholes abound)
~ Bread and Cheese Lane ~
19 – Paradise Wildlife Park
18 – Highfield Wood
17 – Ermine St.
16 – Balls Wood
15 – Balls Park
14 – Morgan’s Walk
13 – Clements Farm
12 – Edwards Green
11 – Gidner's Wood
10 - Old Claypits Farm
09 – Ponsbourne Park
~ Feed stop ~
08 – Hertfordshire Way
07 – Warrenwood Park (Attention!)
06 – Trouée de'Woodside
05 – Potwells
04 – Mymshall/Redwell Wood (Tough)
03 – South Mimms/M25/Dancers Hill
02 – High Canons
01 – Holmshill (Attention!)
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.