[ locale string ]
A Sunday in Hell IV
Photos by Jonathan Hines
This weekend will be Rapha’s fourth annual pilgrimage into Hertfordshire for the Hell of the North IV. Like last year it features an additional 1,500m sector of gravé, the Trouée de Woodside, a home counties homage to Paris-Roubaix’s infamous Arenberg Trench and a new beauty, Gidner's Wood.
PLEASE NOTE: The finish is now at the Prince of Wales Pub, Barnet, EN4 8TB.
There will be a feed stop at the halfway point at Newgate St. with water, bananas and an expertly brewed espresso from one of our Cycle Club baristas. There will also be spare inner tubes and basic tools at sign-on, at the feed stop and also at the arrivée pub. We advise you to bring your own energy food, repair kits and also recommend 25mm tyres on wheels that can take a bit of punishment. Rapha signage will appear along the route, an outline of which appears below.
The two bail-out routes will be pointed out by marshalls on the day and there will also be secure bike parking at the Prince of Wales pub. Paris-Roubaix coverage starts at 12pm, with the last 20km taking place around 3pm. Hand in your route card for complimentary Belgian beer and frites. The Prince of Wales will also be serving lunch.
• The most punctures wins a Team Sky Essentials Case and a box of inner tubes.
• The rider who exudes the most panache wins a signed Team Sky jersey
• Best bike/ kit wins a Team Sky Rider's Diary
START | Pond Square, Highgate N6, 9am-10am.
END | Prince of Wales Pub, Barnet EN4 8TB, 1pm onwards.
21 – Rectory Farm (sharp right turn at farmhouse)
20 – The Paddocks/Chain Walk (Attention! Sharp turn + potholes abound)
~ Bread and Cheese Lane ~
19 – Paradise Wildlife Park
18 – Highfield Wood
17 – Ermine St.
16 – Balls Wood
15 – Balls Park
14 – Morgan’s Walk
13 – Clements Farm
12 – Edwards Green
11 – Gidner's Wood
10 - Old Claypits Farm
09 – Ponsbourne Park
~ Feed stop ~
08 – Hertfordshire Way
07 – Warrenwood Park (Attention!)
06 – Trouée de'Woodside
05 – Potwells
04 – Mymshall/Redwell Wood (Tough)
03 – South Mimms/M25/Dancers Hill
02 – High Canons
01 – Holmshill (Attention!)
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…