We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A SATURDAY IN HELL
I truly did not believe that the Northwest Gentlemen's Race course this year was as difficult as past editions when I set the day. With the heat, the wind and the sharp stones, it was reported to be the most difficult day on the bike many had experienced in years. Only seven of the twenty-seven teams finished the route with a complete roster.
A full story is forthcoming, but congratulations to the women of Veloforma for their victory this year, to the men of Ironclad for the overall fastest time (8:54) and to Jason Sager for taking the one v. one pro race over Ryan Trebon with a total time of 7:15.
Thank you to all the teams and riders who braved and survived.
Photography by PDX Cross
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX