We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A SATURDAY IN HELL
I truly did not believe that the Northwest Gentlemen's Race course this year was as difficult as past editions when I set the day. With the heat, the wind and the sharp stones, it was reported to be the most difficult day on the bike many had experienced in years. Only seven of the twenty-seven teams finished the route with a complete roster.
A full story is forthcoming, but congratulations to the women of Veloforma for their victory this year, to the men of Ironclad for the overall fastest time (8:54) and to Jason Sager for taking the one v. one pro race over Ryan Trebon with a total time of 7:15.
Thank you to all the teams and riders who braved and survived.
Photography by PDX Cross
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!