We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Three years ago David Trimble had a birthday and rather than just cakes and ice cream, he and some friends raced the quiet cobbled streets in Brooklyn's Red Hook neighborhood. Last year, even under the watchful and I'm sure curious eye of the NYPD, the second edition of the Red Hook Criterium blasted for 20 laps over the Beard Street cobbles. Again, David took second at what is technically his own race. So this Saturday night, sometime around 11pm, you can expect that David will be battling for a top spot against an amalgamation of road racers, track men (and women) and messengers from the always competitive and always fun, Brooklyn and NY riding scene.
If you are lucky enough to be around Brooklyn this weekend, David and friends have organized an art exhibition that opens Thursday and runs through the weekend in conjunction with the criterium. 'The Unifying Machine' is a collection of work showing the connection and community of the bicycle.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries