[ locale string ]
Three years ago David Trimble had a birthday and rather than just cakes and ice cream, he and some friends raced the quiet cobbled streets in Brooklyn's Red Hook neighborhood. Last year, even under the watchful and I'm sure curious eye of the NYPD, the second edition of the Red Hook Criterium blasted for 20 laps over the Beard Street cobbles. Again, David took second at what is technically his own race. So this Saturday night, sometime around 11pm, you can expect that David will be battling for a top spot against an amalgamation of road racers, track men (and women) and messengers from the always competitive and always fun, Brooklyn and NY riding scene.
If you are lucky enough to be around Brooklyn this weekend, David and friends have organized an art exhibition that opens Thursday and runs through the weekend in conjunction with the criterium. 'The Unifying Machine' is a collection of work showing the connection and community of the bicycle.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS