We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
21st Avenue Shop Ride
It should not come as a surprise to anyone that anytime we organize a ride there are a plethora of Rapha jerseys that appear. This is always fun, as we are into our eighth year there are plenty of jerseys to go around. However, it is pleasantly surprising when it happens on other rides. This spring 21st Avenue Bicycles have been organizing a shop ride each Thursday — depart around 6:30pm. At the start of the ride this past Thursday we lined up for the customary pre-ride photo and noticed that each and every one of us were wearing a different Rapha jersey.
The ride wound up through the Saltzman and Springville climbs but the occurrence sparked a good bit of conversation. They were apt representations of the life-span of this company and each person had their own version of how they came to each one. There were jerseys from the current collection, such as John's Club Jersey in Lime and Cream. Otis was holding it down for Rapha Racing Northwest in his team kit, while Cindy looked smashing in her Red Classic Jersey. Then there was Joe and Jacob in Etape's 1 & 2. Simon and Kyle were holding it down with styles a few years old and America water bottles. Myself? I still have a soft spot in my heart for this Blue Club Jersey from a couple years ago. It was my very first Rapha Jersey and I can't help but have fresh legs when I pull it on over my head. I like to think the two are related.
We swooped up another rider along the way, Ben, and while he wasn't privy to the dress code (how could he know?) It was still great to pick up a new rider along the way that was excited to ride. His jersey was an interesting one in and of itself, the Veloshop, founded right here in Portland is an iconic jersey that is easily recognizable on any of the roads here.
Great riding with everyone in the fading summer sunshine, hope to see everyone back out there this Thursday. I'm particularly curious to see what everyone is wearing this time around.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.