Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
21st Avenue Shop Ride
It should not come as a surprise to anyone that anytime we organize a ride there are a plethora of Rapha jerseys that appear. This is always fun, as we are into our eighth year there are plenty of jerseys to go around. However, it is pleasantly surprising when it happens on other rides. This spring 21st Avenue Bicycles have been organizing a shop ride each Thursday — depart around 6:30pm. At the start of the ride this past Thursday we lined up for the customary pre-ride photo and noticed that each and every one of us were wearing a different Rapha jersey.
The ride wound up through the Saltzman and Springville climbs but the occurrence sparked a good bit of conversation. They were apt representations of the life-span of this company and each person had their own version of how they came to each one. There were jerseys from the current collection, such as John's Club Jersey in Lime and Cream. Otis was holding it down for Rapha Racing Northwest in his team kit, while Cindy looked smashing in her Red Classic Jersey. Then there was Joe and Jacob in Etape's 1 & 2. Simon and Kyle were holding it down with styles a few years old and America water bottles. Myself? I still have a soft spot in my heart for this Blue Club Jersey from a couple years ago. It was my very first Rapha Jersey and I can't help but have fresh legs when I pull it on over my head. I like to think the two are related.
We swooped up another rider along the way, Ben, and while he wasn't privy to the dress code (how could he know?) It was still great to pick up a new rider along the way that was excited to ride. His jersey was an interesting one in and of itself, the Veloshop, founded right here in Portland is an iconic jersey that is easily recognizable on any of the roads here.
Great riding with everyone in the fading summer sunshine, hope to see everyone back out there this Thursday. I'm particularly curious to see what everyone is wearing this time around.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC