Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
21st Avenue Shop Ride
It should not come as a surprise to anyone that anytime we organize a ride there are a plethora of Rapha jerseys that appear. This is always fun, as we are into our eighth year there are plenty of jerseys to go around. However, it is pleasantly surprising when it happens on other rides. This spring 21st Avenue Bicycles have been organizing a shop ride each Thursday — depart around 6:30pm. At the start of the ride this past Thursday we lined up for the customary pre-ride photo and noticed that each and every one of us were wearing a different Rapha jersey.
The ride wound up through the Saltzman and Springville climbs but the occurrence sparked a good bit of conversation. They were apt representations of the life-span of this company and each person had their own version of how they came to each one. There were jerseys from the current collection, such as John's Club Jersey in Lime and Cream. Otis was holding it down for Rapha Racing Northwest in his team kit, while Cindy looked smashing in her Red Classic Jersey. Then there was Joe and Jacob in Etape's 1 & 2. Simon and Kyle were holding it down with styles a few years old and America water bottles. Myself? I still have a soft spot in my heart for this Blue Club Jersey from a couple years ago. It was my very first Rapha Jersey and I can't help but have fresh legs when I pull it on over my head. I like to think the two are related.
We swooped up another rider along the way, Ben, and while he wasn't privy to the dress code (how could he know?) It was still great to pick up a new rider along the way that was excited to ride. His jersey was an interesting one in and of itself, the Veloshop, founded right here in Portland is an iconic jersey that is easily recognizable on any of the roads here.
Great riding with everyone in the fading summer sunshine, hope to see everyone back out there this Thursday. I'm particularly curious to see what everyone is wearing this time around.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.