We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
21st Avenue Shop Ride
It should not come as a surprise to anyone that anytime we organize a ride there are a plethora of Rapha jerseys that appear. This is always fun, as we are into our eighth year there are plenty of jerseys to go around. However, it is pleasantly surprising when it happens on other rides. This spring 21st Avenue Bicycles have been organizing a shop ride each Thursday — depart around 6:30pm. At the start of the ride this past Thursday we lined up for the customary pre-ride photo and noticed that each and every one of us were wearing a different Rapha jersey.
The ride wound up through the Saltzman and Springville climbs but the occurrence sparked a good bit of conversation. They were apt representations of the life-span of this company and each person had their own version of how they came to each one. There were jerseys from the current collection, such as John's Club Jersey in Lime and Cream. Otis was holding it down for Rapha Racing Northwest in his team kit, while Cindy looked smashing in her Red Classic Jersey. Then there was Joe and Jacob in Etape's 1 & 2. Simon and Kyle were holding it down with styles a few years old and America water bottles. Myself? I still have a soft spot in my heart for this Blue Club Jersey from a couple years ago. It was my very first Rapha Jersey and I can't help but have fresh legs when I pull it on over my head. I like to think the two are related.
We swooped up another rider along the way, Ben, and while he wasn't privy to the dress code (how could he know?) It was still great to pick up a new rider along the way that was excited to ride. His jersey was an interesting one in and of itself, the Veloshop, founded right here in Portland is an iconic jersey that is easily recognizable on any of the roads here.
Great riding with everyone in the fading summer sunshine, hope to see everyone back out there this Thursday. I'm particularly curious to see what everyone is wearing this time around.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq