We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
2011 Rapha NW Gentlemen's Race
Photos by Max Ralph
The finish line is where the tale of the race is told. That may seem a bit obvious but it is a story that needs no explaining and barely the benefit of a keen eye. The day's trials and tribulations will unfold right there in front of you. As we sat in the yard of our gracious host Dave Hemming this past Saturday evening there were many stories being told, they were everywhere you looked. There were bloody knees and the dirty grime that settles over sweaty bodies. There were faces, heat baked grins and grimaces that looked strikingly similar. Broken bikes alongside torn clothing and those trademarked sunken eye sockets that were better left alone. But, there was also the warm buzz of camaraderie that permeated the gathering — and this is the reason that we do this. To suffer, crack, put the pieces back together and then laugh about it when you come out on the other end. This is the embodiment of the Rapha Gentlemen's Race.
2011 Rapha NW Gentlemen's Race
1. River City Bicycles 9:37
2. Audi Cycling 9:41
3. Studio Velo 9:59
4. Rex Cycles and first team to arrive at the finish 10:00
5. Ritte Racing and last team to finish 10:21
6. Upper Echelon and winner of the women's teams 10:40
7. Grundelbruisers 10:59
Queen of the Mountain - Cindy Lewellen - Ira Ryan Cycling
If you are looking for more coverage of the race look to Twitter with the #RGR Hashtag this was a continually updated account from the riders and teams themselves and allegedly, a trending topic in the Portland area. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for films, write-ups and a plethora of photography surrounding this years race. Thank you to everyone who came out to help, ride, push and pull their teammates over one of the hardest courses yet (do we not say that every year?)
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Inspired by the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez, we bring back Alpe d’Quiz with a Rapha prize to be won each day. Enter now → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @joneaves No problem Jon, we do our best. Thanks for the feedback.
- Our very own "Super-knecht" @grutte_bear leaves us today to return to his homeland of Holland. So, we… http://t.co/sSULSkWcRw