We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
2011 Rapha NW Gentlemen's Race
Photos by Max Ralph
The finish line is where the tale of the race is told. That may seem a bit obvious but it is a story that needs no explaining and barely the benefit of a keen eye. The day's trials and tribulations will unfold right there in front of you. As we sat in the yard of our gracious host Dave Hemming this past Saturday evening there were many stories being told, they were everywhere you looked. There were bloody knees and the dirty grime that settles over sweaty bodies. There were faces, heat baked grins and grimaces that looked strikingly similar. Broken bikes alongside torn clothing and those trademarked sunken eye sockets that were better left alone. But, there was also the warm buzz of camaraderie that permeated the gathering — and this is the reason that we do this. To suffer, crack, put the pieces back together and then laugh about it when you come out on the other end. This is the embodiment of the Rapha Gentlemen's Race.
2011 Rapha NW Gentlemen's Race
1. River City Bicycles 9:37
2. Audi Cycling 9:41
3. Studio Velo 9:59
4. Rex Cycles and first team to arrive at the finish 10:00
5. Ritte Racing and last team to finish 10:21
6. Upper Echelon and winner of the women's teams 10:40
7. Grundelbruisers 10:59
Queen of the Mountain - Cindy Lewellen - Ira Ryan Cycling
If you are looking for more coverage of the race look to Twitter with the #RGR Hashtag this was a continually updated account from the riders and teams themselves and allegedly, a trending topic in the Portland area. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for films, write-ups and a plethora of photography surrounding this years race. Thank you to everyone who came out to help, ride, push and pull their teammates over one of the hardest courses yet (do we not say that every year?)
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries