We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
2011 Rapha NW Gentlemen's Race
Photos by Max Ralph
The finish line is where the tale of the race is told. That may seem a bit obvious but it is a story that needs no explaining and barely the benefit of a keen eye. The day's trials and tribulations will unfold right there in front of you. As we sat in the yard of our gracious host Dave Hemming this past Saturday evening there were many stories being told, they were everywhere you looked. There were bloody knees and the dirty grime that settles over sweaty bodies. There were faces, heat baked grins and grimaces that looked strikingly similar. Broken bikes alongside torn clothing and those trademarked sunken eye sockets that were better left alone. But, there was also the warm buzz of camaraderie that permeated the gathering — and this is the reason that we do this. To suffer, crack, put the pieces back together and then laugh about it when you come out on the other end. This is the embodiment of the Rapha Gentlemen's Race.
2011 Rapha NW Gentlemen's Race
1. River City Bicycles 9:37
2. Audi Cycling 9:41
3. Studio Velo 9:59
4. Rex Cycles and first team to arrive at the finish 10:00
5. Ritte Racing and last team to finish 10:21
6. Upper Echelon and winner of the women's teams 10:40
7. Grundelbruisers 10:59
Queen of the Mountain - Cindy Lewellen - Ira Ryan Cycling
If you are looking for more coverage of the race look to Twitter with the #RGR Hashtag this was a continually updated account from the riders and teams themselves and allegedly, a trending topic in the Portland area. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for films, write-ups and a plethora of photography surrounding this years race. Thank you to everyone who came out to help, ride, push and pull their teammates over one of the hardest courses yet (do we not say that every year?)
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.