We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
2010 NW Rapha Gentlemen's Race: Preview
If you have but only a few minutes to escape at your computer today, you should definitely watch the three trailers of the films originally inspired by the Rapha Club Jerseys. Mr. Livesey, Mr. Moat and dear Ben Ingham have created some wonderful pieces, each unique and charming in the way they bring the subject of those inside labels to life. Again, those films will be available each Friday for the next three weeks- beginning next Friday. Each just for the day, so set a reminder on your schedule.
However, if your day affords you a bit more time, might I suggest you also enjoy the recent film from the 2010 NE Rapha Gentlemen's Race. It's particularly relevant in the Northwest region of the U.S. as this year's teams final prep for the NW edition of the race—happening on Saturday, August 14 in the greater Portland, OR area. There are a record 28 teams competing in this third running of the race, and just for sport, a couple professional riders have made their case for a man vs. man solo race, a first for the event. Ryan Trebon, from the Kona Cyclocross team will take on Jason Sager who is always representing EDGE Composites and is a nationally ranked mountain bike man.
The teams this year will include six squads of all or mostly women, a trio of tandems again from Bilenky Cycle Works, the returning champions from local-shop River City, and a return of the group from Studio Velo from Mill Valley, CA. The team from Studio Velo last year was so inspired by the race last year, they've had a 36-page book printed and on their counter in the store all year. A slightly truncated version of that book is available here:
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc