We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
1000 Xmas Kms: No Turning Back
The novelty was starting to wear thin. Every morning, waking up in the dark before the alarm clock, same drill: Dress, eat, weather check, load up, ride into the grey morning. Return, eat, clean the bike, kit and myself. Prepare for the next day.
MONDAY 28th DECEMBER
Distance: 200k - I was determined to put the miles in today, this was simply about getting my head down and riding.
Weather: Cold - near freezing - but clear, warmer at the coast.
Route: Out and back to the coast.
Cruising on the A-roads at 20-25+mph, and being home at dusk.
It was starting to get a little lonely, I saw three other cyclists all day.
TUESDAY 29th DECEMBER
Weather: Cold rain/sleet at times, near freezing.
Route: I put together sections of the Hell of The Ashdown, with my own hill route around the North Downs to make a brutal, hilly loop.
High Points: It's a proper test for the rain jacket, I wear a cream one for visibility. One of the standout products of the year.
Low Points: The non-stop rain, the only respite being when it turns to drizzle. Freezing waterbottles.
Notes: Windburn…through my tights??
TOTAL (so far): 676km
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS