We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
1000 Xmas Kms: No Turning Back
The novelty was starting to wear thin. Every morning, waking up in the dark before the alarm clock, same drill: Dress, eat, weather check, load up, ride into the grey morning. Return, eat, clean the bike, kit and myself. Prepare for the next day.
MONDAY 28th DECEMBER
Distance: 200k - I was determined to put the miles in today, this was simply about getting my head down and riding.
Weather: Cold - near freezing - but clear, warmer at the coast.
Route: Out and back to the coast.
Cruising on the A-roads at 20-25+mph, and being home at dusk.
It was starting to get a little lonely, I saw three other cyclists all day.
TUESDAY 29th DECEMBER
Weather: Cold rain/sleet at times, near freezing.
Route: I put together sections of the Hell of The Ashdown, with my own hill route around the North Downs to make a brutal, hilly loop.
High Points: It's a proper test for the rain jacket, I wear a cream one for visibility. One of the standout products of the year.
Low Points: The non-stop rain, the only respite being when it turns to drizzle. Freezing waterbottles.
Notes: Windburn…through my tights??
TOTAL (so far): 676km
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK