Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
1000 Xmas Kms: No Turning Back
The novelty was starting to wear thin. Every morning, waking up in the dark before the alarm clock, same drill: Dress, eat, weather check, load up, ride into the grey morning. Return, eat, clean the bike, kit and myself. Prepare for the next day.
MONDAY 28th DECEMBER
Distance: 200k - I was determined to put the miles in today, this was simply about getting my head down and riding.
Weather: Cold - near freezing - but clear, warmer at the coast.
Route: Out and back to the coast.
Cruising on the A-roads at 20-25+mph, and being home at dusk.
It was starting to get a little lonely, I saw three other cyclists all day.
TUESDAY 29th DECEMBER
Weather: Cold rain/sleet at times, near freezing.
Route: I put together sections of the Hell of The Ashdown, with my own hill route around the North Downs to make a brutal, hilly loop.
High Points: It's a proper test for the rain jacket, I wear a cream one for visibility. One of the standout products of the year.
Low Points: The non-stop rain, the only respite being when it turns to drizzle. Freezing waterbottles.
Notes: Windburn…through my tights??
TOTAL (so far): 676km
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…