Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
1000 Xmas Kms: No Turning Back
The novelty was starting to wear thin. Every morning, waking up in the dark before the alarm clock, same drill: Dress, eat, weather check, load up, ride into the grey morning. Return, eat, clean the bike, kit and myself. Prepare for the next day.
MONDAY 28th DECEMBER
Distance: 200k - I was determined to put the miles in today, this was simply about getting my head down and riding.
Weather: Cold - near freezing - but clear, warmer at the coast.
Route: Out and back to the coast.
Cruising on the A-roads at 20-25+mph, and being home at dusk.
It was starting to get a little lonely, I saw three other cyclists all day.
TUESDAY 29th DECEMBER
Weather: Cold rain/sleet at times, near freezing.
Route: I put together sections of the Hell of The Ashdown, with my own hill route around the North Downs to make a brutal, hilly loop.
High Points: It's a proper test for the rain jacket, I wear a cream one for visibility. One of the standout products of the year.
Low Points: The non-stop rain, the only respite being when it turns to drizzle. Freezing waterbottles.
Notes: Windburn…through my tights??
TOTAL (so far): 676km
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.