Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
1000 Christmas Kilometres
Graeme Raeburn is unwell. The Rapha product designer has a cold (nothing he can't handle) but he has also decided to do what most people definitely won't at this festive juncture, and that's ride 1000km during one week. Admirable but somewhat deranged. He explains below:
I've always wanted to do a 1000km in a week, it seems a nice amount but I always falter around the 800 mark due to work commitments or other distractions. I started thinking it would be interesting to do it in the middle of winter. The idea of sitting on my backside eating chocolates fills me with horror, so what better time than the week between Christmas Day and New Years Eve?
Not only is this a chance to properly test products and think about improvements, but also to know what a professional rider feels like in the middle of winter: Imagine your next season relying on the ability to endure the adverse conditions, head down, churning out a set amount of miles per week. There's no-one to lie to apart from yourself.
I'm trying to give each day a different feel for variety, and hopefully ride with some guest riders along the way.
I asked Guy, editor of Rouleur and writer of books on race training, for advice to gain the most out of the miles. He simply said 'you are mad'.
So what am I worried about? getting ill, maintaining the bike, the weather, the temperature, short daylight hours, eating enough, the boredom and mental fatigue. I've prepared for all this, apart from the last as somehow I've lost my iPod.
Weather in most of the UK is currently snow and sub zero, but the South East has thawed over the past 24hrs. Tomorrow holds an early morning run to the South Coast to deliver a present to great-aunt Tess.
We are awaiting an update on whether great-aunt Tess got her Christmas present safely.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.